See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
and streams in the wasteland. Isaiah 43:19 (NIV)
It’s a new year–new hopes, dreams, goals. Here are a few of mine.
- New understandings in my walk with God. I’ve rejoined a women’s Bible study that I dropped out of for health reasons over a year ago. I’m thrilled to be back with these lovely women as we seek God together.
- Complete at least the first draft of a novel I’ve been writing for a looong time …
- Increased depth in my relationships with God, Don, family and friends.
- New vistas. We’ve had the Canadian Rockies on our bucket list for awhile and just reserved our place on a train and bus tour through those in Fall of 2019 (I almost typed 1919–whoa!).
- Finding and getting involved in a church home in our new community.
“He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, ‘He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.'” Psalm 91:1-2 (NIV)
HE is the reason for my hope as we enter this new year.
- He knows all the troubles in the world–riots in Paris, persecution, especially of Christians in other parts of the world, turmoil.
- He knows the discord and infighting in our own country.
- He knows the tremendous losses that have occurred corporately and personally in floods and fires and because of the active presence of evil in our world.
- He knows my days and has promised to lead me through each one.
- He loves me, oh amazing truth! And because of that love, I have great hope.
What are you anticipating this year? Are you hopeful or disheartened, or both? I’d love to know.