You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!
Ps. 30:11-12, NLT
For what have you given thanks this week? You may be in a difficult season. God knows that, yet wants us to praise Him. Sometimes it’s a challenge, isn’t it, finding ways to give thanks even in turmoil.
I am thankful:
- For a relationship with God through His Son, Jesus Christ, my Savior and Lord. “This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. God didn’t go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help, to put the world right again.” John 3:16, MSG
- For the (sequential) love of two wonderful husbands, and the presence of God throughout joy and sorrow, recovery and renewal.
- For family: that my sweet mother is still with us at age 94, sound of mind although weakening in body
- Times of laughter around a beautifully set table wafting the scent of aromatic herbs throughout the room
- One of my grand-nieces smiling up at me, dimples creasing her chubby chipmunk cheeks, as I gaze at her in my arms
- All our family members, with the unique gifts each brings to us all.
- For Friends, a true treasure.
- For beauty: God’s creation is all around me. In the foothills above Capitola Beach (CA), I’m surrounded by pine-covered hills, by trees wearing vibrant reds, yellows and a myriad of greens, by cerulean blue sky and fire-red sunsets.
- For God’s faithfulness and sovereignty, and the confidence that nothing in my life, or future, will take Him by surprise.
- That no event, loss, pain, or fear can remove me from His love; nor is anything I do beyond the reach of His loving compassion and forgiving heart.
- For hope in adversity.
- For the many who are serving people in need at home and across the world by providing shelter, food and care to the hundreds of thousands of refugees fleeing persecution and death; and by sharing the Good News Jesus brings to all.
- For music, and the joy of singing again.
- For opportunities to serve others.
- For two sweet Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, who give me many opportunities to love and laugh.
And there’s more … oh, there’s so much more. But that’s my start. How about yours?