The Mountains and Hills will Burst into Song
Have you ever heard the melody of a tree? This is amazing, and beautiful! It brings to mind Isaiah 55:12: “You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.”
Listen to this incredible music, transmitted from a tree ring: http://thespiritscience.net/2015/05/14/what-a-tree-sounds-like-when-played-on-a-record-player/
Scripture we have sometimes thought to be simply allegorical is being played out in front of us. God has said that if we don’t praise Him, the very rocks will cry out!
“When he came near the place where the road goes down the Mount of Olives, the whole crowd of disciples began joyfully to praise God in loud voices for all the miracles they had seen:
‘Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!’
‘Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!’
Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, ‘Teacher, rebuke your disciples!’
‘I tell you,’ he replied, ‘if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.'”
Not so far-fetched when I listen to this music. So, I will choose to praise Him.
- I praise Him for His unconditional love
- For His faithfulness through the highs and lows of my life
- For His forgiveness and salvation
- For being Mighty God, Prince of Peace, Counselor, King of Kings, and Lord of Lords
- For the beauty of the world around me, and for the music of the spheres
- For family and friends who express love to me and allow me to share it with them
- … and for loving me!
For what can you praise God today?